The purpose of this article is to address questions customers may have regarding the licensing process for FogBugz On-Premise/On-Site by providing details explaining how the licensing process works.
The customer must have a valid, active license. Contact the Success Team to get a quote on the renewal of a pre-existing license or to purchase a new one.
- After completing the installation of FogBugz On-Premise, create an account password when directed to do so.
- When the password creation process is complete, the Subscriptions page appears, offering a choice to either ENTER SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION or click on a link to enter license offline.
- Since we recommended the use of the offline method of licensing, click the Offline Activation link to proceed, as shown in the image below.
- Clicking on the link in Step 3 brings up the following screen. Use the information provided on this screen to proceed with the licensing process.
- The Machine ID is located right under ENTER LICENSE INFORMATION.
- The Computer name is the Server Name used for FogBugz On-Premise installation. Please note that the Server Name is case sensitive.
- Submit a ticket to the FogBugz Support Team. Please provide the Machine ID and Server Name to the team staff for license generation.
- The Support Team is responsible for sending a license and signature, which can then be pasted into the ENTER LICENSE INFORMATION form, as shown in the image presented in Step 4.