When installing FogBugz, you may receive the following error message:
DISM.exe or ‘net’ is not found.
While this is not an issue related to the product, it prevents the installation from being completed. This article provides information on the resolution of this issue.
The error occurs due to a user-side problem. The missing path values on Windows environment variables block the installation process.
To solve this issue, the default values of the Path System Variable should be reinstated.
- In Windows 10, right-click on This PC.
- Click Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Under the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- From System Variables, select Path.
- Click Edit.
- Check the variable values in the Edit environment variable pop-up window.
- Click New to add the missing variables with reference to the following list.
C:\Windows\system32;If you prefer to use the Edit text option, make sure that variables are separated by a semicolon.
- To save the changes, click OK in all the dialog boxes.
- Close the affected Powershell installation window and open a new one to proceed with the installation.
Please note that you need to log out and log back in for the environment changes made via Registry to take effect. Alternatively, you can go to the screen in Step 7, and click OK to force the system to reload the environment variables. To conclude the process, proceed with Step 10.
Once the default values of the Path System Variable are reinstated, the installation should proceed as normal.