FogBugz can export to CSV. However, this process has a drawback that it does not capture comments and attachments. This article shares an alternative process to fetch cases with commentaries and attachments using the FogBugz API.
Requirement: Install Postman or any other application that works with Rest API calls.
You can return both, a list of cases and any other exact information about them at the same time using the
cols parameter in the Search Cases API call:
Consider the following example as a test case to understand the process for fetching cases with commentaries and attachments using the FogBugz API.:
- After logging on through the API,
https://api.manuscript.com/#Logging-on-Through-the-API, you will receive a token. You can also obtain a token via the UI.
- To search for a case or cases, use
https://api.manuscript.com/#Search-Cases, bypassing the token and query above. For instance, to retrieve the metadata of case #24, use the following call body:
<Enter token from step 1>",
- Check for all comments listed in column
s, as indicated below for this example:
- Compare the comment or comments with FogBugz UI, as seen below:
- If you have an attachment, it will be presented under the
rgAttachmentsproperty, as seen below for this example:
24__Test_case_-_FogBugz.png) and amend it to your FogBugz instance URL, as seen below.
- Repeat the procedure above for all cases to retrieve all the comments and attachments.