You receive the error "GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated" while connecting to FogBugz FTPS server (File Transfer Protocol Secure Server) after the backup of the database.
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Welcome to the Fog Creek Support FTP server. Files on this server are regularly cleaned out, so please don't use it as long-term storage!
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 234 Proceed with negotiation.
Status: Initializing TLS...
Error: GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Status: Server did not properly shut down TLS connection
Error: Could not connect to server
This article provides a fix to rectify the FTPS connection error messages.
This problem can be caused by one or several of the following:
- the correct port number is missing
- the server name is incorrect.
Important! We changed the backup server domain name starting from July 2019. Please use
ftpny.fogbugz.com instead of
ftpny.fogcreek.com when connecting to the backup server.
Please check the solution for the most popular FTPS clients:
- Most of the time, this issue can be fixed by using FileZilla and connecting via FTPS (not to be confused with SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) connections).
- Make sure you are using the correct domain name: use
- FTPS connections must be implicit FTPS connections, and you must specify port 990 to assure your client will establish a connection.
If your backup needed to be provided manually by the support team and you are connecting to our
support-ftp.versata.comserver, than you will need to use port
- This FTP client is known to present difficulties to connect to our FTPS server. It is recommended to use FileZilla if possible.