Editing the Case Status, Description, Category and many more fields of a case individually for many related cases for example in an outage scenario when a handful of cases raised for the same outage need to be updated (with the same information) and individual customers have to be informed is a tedious and time-consuming task. To simplify this process, the Bulk Edit feature could be used, allowing for cases needing the same updates to be modified together in bulk (usually these are the cases which could be grouped together based on the activity/task to be performed like assigning several cases to the same person, updating or closing the cases for the same cause, and modifying case information based on specific projects.
This article provides instructions to use the Bulk Edit feature.
Modifying cases in FogBugz at the same time or in bulk can be accomplished by using the Bulk Edit feature. Follow the instructions provided below:
- Obtain a list of cases that you want to work on.
- Select the cases you want to edit by placing a checkmark against every case in question.
- Click the Bulk Action button located at the bottom of your page or on the right end of the Title Column with icon. Select from Dropdown list.
- Click on any of the various action buttons such as Reply, Edit, Assign, Resolve or Close as appropriate.
- Enter the relevant text in the Text-Area provided below the Action buttons.
- Click Save.
- The bulk editing of cases is most effective in the following scenarios:
- Replying to the customers affected by a recently-fixed issue in bulk
- Moving several cases to another project at once
- Resolving and close several cases at once
- Assigning several cases to someone at once
- Subscribing to several cases at once
- You can also use quick search to edit cases by entering a comma-separated list of case numbers in the FogBugz search box. Put the following in the FogBugz search box, hit enter, and you will immediately get the bulk edit page for those cases:
- Modify the Project
- Modify the Area
- Modify the Assigned to
- Modify the Milestone
- Modify the Category