The API differs from the web interface in that, rather than listing cases in one action and viewing specific cases in another, you can return both a list of cases and the exact information you want about them all at the same time using the cols parameter.
Customer Facing Information.
To list cases, send cmd=search. For example:
You can use one of the following arguments:
- The query term you are searching for. Can be a string, a case number, a comma-separated list of case numbers without spaces, e.g. 12,25,556 . Note, to search for the number 123 and not the case 123, enclose your search in quotes. This search acts exactly the same way the search box in FogBugz operates, so you can use that to debug.
- If q is not present, returns the cases in your current filter. If the current filter matches a saved or built-in filter, the sFilter is also returned.
- The information you would like returned with each case in the list. The parameter should be a comma-separated list of column names (e.g., cols=sTitle,sStatus). Available columns are listed below in the case xml output. Additional columns: if you include events, you will also receive all the events for that case. Include latestEvent to just get the latest event. For Custom Fields and other plugin fields, see this article.
- ix columns can be empty or 0 if they are not set. All valid ix columns (ixPersonClosedBy for example) will be > 0 if there is a valid person who closed this case.
- The max number of bugs you want returned. Leave off if you want them all.
See also the full XML API documentation.