There are special procedures in place to access Custom Fields and Plugin Data in FogBugz. This document will help you to access these.
- FogBugz 8
- You can get and set plugin values (Custom Fields plugin or another such as Project Backlog or Kanban) on cases if you know their super-secret (long) name. You can get values if you only know part of the name, which will also then tell you the long name.
- Example, I have a custom field called “adada” and the Project Backlog plugin. I issue an API request:
- get back some XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><response>
- It includes the name of the key I specified and its long name. Note that there may be duplicates of the short name, so it’s better to use the long name. Setting a value requires using the long name:
- FogBugz 7 - Retrieving is not possible in FogBugz 7.
- To set the custom field value for a new case via the XML API you should be able to use the following method. Note that this is not an official API feature, so it may not work under all circumstances.
a. Create your new custom field.
b. Bring up the new case page and use Firebug or the Chrome Inspector to inspect the input for your new custom field to get the “name” attribute. It should look like “P7_severityI61”. In this case, “severity” will be the name of your field and the numbers may be different.
c. Pass this argument along to the XML API for your request.
- To edit the custom field value for an existing case, the above method does not work.
See also the full XML API documentation.