What is it?
This document will help understand you about Authentication Tab under the Site configuration in Manuscript.
Who will use it?
The administrator will use this section to configure many security aspects for manuscript users.
How is it used?
- Click on Avatar Menu
- Click on Site Configuration
- Click on Authentication Tab
- AUTHENTICATION MODE: Users will login using a Manuscript-managed username and password or Google OAuth. This configuration can be useful if normal users will login using Google OAuth and community users will login using a username and password.
- LOGIN:- Determines whether the "Remember me at this computer" option appears on the login page. Without this, users are logged out when they close the browser or after a long idle period.
- PASSWORD POLICY:-The Strict Password Policy will enforce the following rules whenever a password is set:
If disabled, passwords are only required to be at least 6 characters long.
Note:- The Strict Password Policy does not apply to community users.
- Community Users and control:- Community users are enabled. Community users are free and have access to discussion groups and wikis.