Email Notifications frequency can be set up to be delivered instantly (individual), periodically (digest), or never. Also, the Email Notification Format can be changed to formatted (HTML) or plain text (HTML disabled).
- Access User Options, by going to the Avatar Menu -> User Options.
- At the bottom of the page select the desired Email Notifications and Email Notification Format.
- Settings are updated instantly (no need to click on any OK or Save button).
Note: If you think that the options you would like to set are already selected, then you don’t have to do anything.
- Instantly: You will get an individual email for each case that is assigned to you, for each edit someone makes on a case or wiki article that you are subscribed to, and each time someone explicitly chooses to notify you on a case.
- Periodically (Default): This is the default setting for new users. Reduce the emails you receive from FogBugz. Every three hours (maximum number of emails in a day: 8), FogBugz will send you one email that includes a detailed summary of all the notifications you have not yet read.
The email content is grouped by the case and wiki article you are being notified about. For example, if a case you are subscribed to has one comment, one email, and is assigned to someone else, then you will see all three events chronologically under that case’s number and title in the email.
- Never: You will not receive any emails from FogBugz in your inbox. In this case, you can rely on the notification center if you would like to catch up on what is happening in FogBugz.
Email Notification Format
- Formatted (HTML): This is the default for new users. HTML format is easier to read.
- Plain Text: This one works better on older email clients.