Often times customers ask about the compatibility of FogBugz with various Operative Systems. This article aims to inform about these compatibilities as to the limitations of the application.
FogBugz For Your Server
Our recommended setup is Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2. FogBugz should work on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016, but we don't support it officially in this version.
FogBugz on-Site and Manuscript on-Premise
The recommended setup for FogBugz on-Site V8.15.x and Manuscript on-Premise V8.21.x is Windows Server 2012R2 and SQL Server 2012, but you could also install it on Windows Server 2016 just issuing some minor adjustments.
On FogBugz on-premise V8.22.35 and above, our recommended setup is Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2017.
Generally speaking, installing FogBugz on Windows Server 2012 or 2016 is a smooth experience. Most of the issues we’ve come across are with configuring IIS properly.
IIS Configuration Details
Here are the detailed steps based on the above link for installing IIS and the prerequisites:
- Install IIS.
- In IIS, install the following roles:
- Common HTTP Features (all).
- Application Development (all except CGI).
- Health and Diagnostics (just HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Request Monitor, or all if you want).
- Security (Request Filtering).
- Performance (Static Content Compression).
- Management Tools (IIS Management Console, IIS 6 Management Compatibility).
- In Server Manager > Features:
- Role Administration Tools > Web Server (IIS) Tools.
- Install .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features > .NET Framework 3.5.1.
- Install Application Development Features (based on this MSDN article).
If you run into any issues and have a question for us, please contact us.