FogBugz is all about helping you get your work done without distractions. When your team grows, you do not have to take time out of your day to manually add new users to FogBugz.
This article explains how this can be achieved by letting the users self-register themselves on the portal.
Step 1: Adding Users Automatically
Admin users of FogBugz can set up their accounts such that anyone with a certain email domain can add themselves to FogBugz.
- Go to the gear menu > Users and add the domains to the Self-registration area.
- When entering multiple domains, separate them with commas.
- Once this is set up with the appropriate domains, click on the Sign up link in the Log In page:
Step 2: Joining the Team
- When a user wants to join the team, they should click on the Sign up link (as seen in the above screenshot).
- This takes them to a page allowing them to join the team:
- This then shows whether or not they were added.
- It would either say:
Please check your email.
We just sent you a confirmation link.
This domain address is not allowed for self-registration.
- In this case, ensure you enter the correct domain address.
- It would either say:
Once added to the team successfully, the user receives a confirmation email, which allows them to log in and set up their Full Name and Password:
But What Does This Cost?
FogBugz is billed in tiers. If new users signing up is bumping you to a higher pricing tier, we will be sure to email you to let you know.
- We send an email 10 days before you are set to be billed, alerting you to the pricing tier you are in (same or different).
- If the tier changes with less than 10 days until you are billed, you will receive an email after the user causing a pricing change has added themselves.
- Tier increases occurring less than 30 days before the billing function the same as monthly billing.
- Tier increases with more than 30 days until the billing will be prorated for the portion of the year from when they are activated and will be billed 30 days after they occur.
- An email will be sent 10 days in advance to alert you to the billing that will occur.
- Any tier changes with less than 10 days from that advance email will trigger another message, like in the monthly billing example.
- Basically, we bill you for any automatic tier increase that is needed 30 days after it happens or on your next normal billing date, whichever comes first.
If you still need further assistance, please contact us!