Integrations enable the users to communicate and interact with other sites (like Slack, Twitter, Trello, Google Drive, Github) through some built-in integrations, community (custom) integrations, or by your own integrations created from scratch using FogBugz API endpoints.
Integrations will create bot users, which do not cost anything and will not be displayed on your Users page.
- Integrations can be enabled, disabled, and managed by FogBugz administrator users.
You can find the integrations under the Avatar icon > Integrations.
FogBugz comes with a selection of built-in integrations that you can start using out-of-the-box.
You can enable any integration by clicking on the gear icon for that integration and filling out the necessary fields. To disable an integration that is currently enabled, click on the gear icon and then click Disable.
FogBugz has built-in integrations for many of your favorite apps that help you get things done, such as:
- Slack - Interact with FogBugz cases from within your Slack instance
- Twitter - Real-time feed of Twitter mentions within FogBugz.
- Google Drive - Connects with the Google Drive suite to associate documents and files with FogBugz cases
- Trello - link your Trello cards with the FogBugz cases
- GitHub - integrating directly with GitHub to reference any commits that mention a FogBugz case in their commit messages
- Software Matters - Automated cases for each & every newsletter release with expert advice and insights about how great software really gets built
You can also create your own integrations.
FogBugz also supports custom integrations created by third parties. You can even make one yourself if you are so inclined. To add a custom integration, click on the Custom Integration card on the page accessed via the Avatar menu > Integrations.
The window below will appear, where you complete the details (Name, Description, URL, etc) and click OK.
Creating Your Own Integrations
As a starting point and reference, we recommend checking out this starter project on Glitch. If you wish to quickly start making your own integrations feel free to remix that project — Glitch handles the heavy lifting for you so that you can focus on your code.
When a FogBugz site enables your integration, it will post to your integration’s specified endpoint with data that includes a token for the new bot user. You can then use that token with the FogBugz API to utilize the following API commands:
You can also have a look at our gallery of FogBugz integrations on Glitch for inspiration and to remix.
Bot users are automatically created when you enable an integration in FogBugz. Each integration you enable has its own bot user, which is represented by a token that is provided to the integration. These are mostly invisible to you unless you make your own integrations.
Bot users do not cost anything, and will not be displayed on your Users page in FogBugz. To delete a bot user, simply disable the associated integration on your site. If you later re-enable that integration, a new bot user will be created.