When installing or upgrading FogBugz On-Premises you can use the current article to have a high-level overview of the installation process.
You should use this page as your starting page whenever you would like to install, migrate, upgrade, or move your FogBugz On-Premises instance.
This article replaces our previous "Installing FogBugz On-Premises: The Ultimate Guide" by gathering all the relevant links in one article.
You have two options to install FogBugz installation:
- If you are upgrading or migrating, our Professional Service team can help you. But first, you will need to request a quote for their work from Success Team.
- You may install or upgrade yourself either by using the current guide - which is outlining the high-level steps (you can easily skip the familiar steps).
The high-level process of the installation is the following:
- Read the System Requirements for FogBugz On-Premises and make sure that your current hardware meets these requirements.
- Request and download the latest FogBugz On-Premises installer ISO.
- Check the Pre-install Checklist and Configure your Server(s) before installation.
- Run the installer.
- During the install process, you might meet some of the Common Installation Issues.
- If you are moving your database, restore the backup on the new instance.
- If you are moving the webserver, read the instructions on how to do it.
- If you are upgrading read what additional task you might need to execute when you Upgrade your FogBugz On-Premise instance.
- Finally, apply your FogBugz On-Premises license.
- If you are migrating or moving your database, you might consider also Moving to FogBugz On-Demand.