Community Users are FogBugzs users with restricted access.
Depending on FogBugz permissions, you can create your own Community User account, or an account must be created on your behalf by a FogBugz administrator.
Getting an Account
When a FogBugz administrator creates an account for you, you will receive an email with a link to set your password. Click the link to set your password and bookmark the FogBugz URL to quickly return later to create cases or check the status of your cases.
Go to the FogBugz URL and enter your username (or email) and password, then click Log In.
Creating a Case
After logging in, to create a new case:
- Click the link (or button) New Case.
- Enter the case title, select the Project and Area.
- Enter a description and click OK.
NOTE: Your available projects are limited by the FogBugz Administrator.
As a Community User, you can also create cases by sending an email to the email address of the FogBugz instance. In this example, we are using the default FogBugz email address cases@<account_name>.fogbugz.com. Depending on the configuration of the FogBugz mailbox, you may get an automatic reply, and that automatic reply may contain a ticket URL for you to check the case status without logging in.
CAUTION: Do not publicly share this URL, as anyone with the link can access this case!
Checking the Status of a Case
To check the status of a case, log on to FogBugz, and click the button Case Status. You will then get a list of your cases showing you the case number, case title, case status (open or closed), and the date opened.
If the Community Case List feature is enabled for your FogBugz site, you will be able to see a list of projects. Selecting one of those projects will cause all cases in that project that have tickets to be displayed.
Clicking the case number or case title will bring you to the case to see the full email correspondence. You will only see the email correspondence involving your email address here. You will not see any emails sent to other users or internal edits by a FogBugz normal or administrator type user. Also, you will be able to see the case's ticket ID and get the ticket URL.
Following up on a Case
- You can check the status of a case as shown above, but this will not allow you to add more information.
- To add more information to a case, you will need to reply to an email you received previously from the case, or create a new email.
- You can open up a new email with the proper recipient and subject by clicking the link near the bottom of the page (this link will only appear if there is previous email correspondence in the case).
- Or, you can send an email to cases@<account_name>.fogbugz.com mentioning Case <case_number> in the subject.
Please take special note of the email subject – this is important so you respond to the correct case.
When an email is sent, the case is updated and whoever is assigned to the case gets a notification.