We would like to delete the master branch in a repo (e.g. make another branch the default one see: http://matthew-brett.github.io/pydagogue/gh_delete_master.html)
But I can’t find any settings for that on Kiln. How would I go about to do that?
Kiln with GitHub Repository
There currently isn't any UI in Kiln for choosing the default branch in a repository, so attempting to follow the GitHub instructions you linked gives a message like "remote: error: By default, deleting the current branch is denied".
You should be able to create a new repository with only the branches you’d like:
- Create a new, empty repository in Kiln (e.g., my-repo-no-master)
- Follow the steps to delete the master branch in your local copy
- Push the desired default branch to the empty Kiln repo ("placeholder" in the GitHub instructions)
- Push any additional branches you'd like to keep
- Optionally, delete the original repo and rename the new repo to the old name (e.g., my-repo)