This article will help you understand email notification while code reviewed on Kiln. The main workflow of Kiln revolves around reviews. So getting the necessary notifications is very useful.
Agent-Only and End-User
This describes how to change a reviews settings and how to set it as the default for all new reviews.
- Email notifications are configured from within a review. So open up a review and you will see a “Notifications” indicator with the setting for that review. By default, it is “Muted”.
- Clicking on the current notification status, “Muted” in this case, will open up the dial for setting your preferences. Here you can select 3 options.
- Muted: This turns off notifications for this review.
- Occasional: This will generate a daily digest of review comments.
- Subscribed: For every event affecting this review, you will get an email notification.
- Once you select a preference for this review, if it isn’t the same as your current default, it will make available a button to make it your default. For example:
- Once you select “make Default” all newly created reviews for you will use that setting. Any preexisting reviews will keep their current notification preferences.