You might encounter unusually loading times or slow responses in Manuscript, sometimes they are caused due to platform problems or outages (as any On Demand system, there can be some downtimes or load spikes). The first thing you should do is take a look our status page to see if there are any widespread issues or ongoing maintenance. If that isn’t the case, follow the next steps to diagnose the issue or contact us.
Customer Facing Information
- If using a consumer-grade internet connection (cable, DSL, anything with a Linksys-tier router or modem), try rebooting your equipment. This applies even if it’s not happening with other websites.
- Do a speedtest on your network connection and see if you have high latency, jitter, or slow network traffic. This might be the root cause.
- If possible, try the previous two tests from a separate network (another location, for example a coffee shop or at home) and a different PC.
- Disable any Manuscript customizations or browser extensions and test again. If there’s a difference, enable each customization or extension one-by-one and let us know which one triggers the slowness.
- Contact us by email with the following:
Your public IP (www.whatismyipaddress.com)
The results of the speed test in #2 above
A description of where you see the slowness, whether it’s intermittent, etc.
If the slowness is on the Planner View, include the count of cases located at the top of each Milestone column in the affected Planner.