All information FogBugz needs to run is contained in the FogBugz database. You should back this database up before any move. When FogBugz runs, it checks the licenses on the current install to determine how many users can be logged onto the system.
FogBugz license files have three components:
- Email address used to sign up
- Order number
- ID/name of the machine where the website is hosted
Thus, when you move machines, or when you access a FogBugz database through a new website (as in two load-balanced web servers accessing the same database), the license will not match the machine ID. Fixing this is a simple matter.
- First, you need your order number(s). You can get all the order numbers on your email using the order help page.
- Once you have your order number(s) in hand, for each one do the following:
- Go to Admin (Settings in FogBugz 6).
- Open Licenses and enter the email address and order number. This will grab the machine ID.
- Generate a new license, and install it on your server.
- If your FogBugz server cannot talk to the internet to reach the FogBugz server, contact support and the support team can issue the licenses manually. The support team will need the machine ID and computer name you see when you go to your licenses page in FogBugz and click the link next to “If this computer is not connected to the public Internet.”
- If at any point, you get a message saying that the license cannot be installed because it is locked and that you should contact support, do so. This is a simple security measure and the support team can unlock the license in a matter of seconds. You just need to send the order number and ask us to unlock it.
- If nothing like that happens, you should be good to go.
- Well, sometimes just installing the licenses is not enough. If you are still having difficulty, you can delete all licenses using the link
http://[Your FogBugz Install]/diagnostics.asp?sStep=testlicenseinfo, and then, reinstall the licenses and it should work.
If it is still not working or if you run into any more difficulties, reach out to us through our Support Page.
See also Installing Additional Licenses.