The time that you spend working on a case is called an Interval. Normally, these intervals are added automatically to our Time Tracking and are calculated based on the time spent on a case when you Start or Stop tracking your time in the Case View.
It is a core function that adds to a better understanding of how Cases and Projects are completed over the estimated times. FogBugz users use this option when they need to add intervals for working on a specific case. This option allows defining the working time on a case and prevents working off-shift.
You can add manual Intervals, or edit/delete the already existing ones with these steps:
- Navigate to Time Tracking> Edit Timesheet from the main menu.
- Select the date that you want to modify with the left-right arrows, or just open the date picker and select a date.
- Click the pencil icon on any case to Edit the Start and End times and the case related to the specific interval.
- Tick the Delete checkbox and click Save to delete one or several intervals.
- Click Add Interval to create an interval manually.
- Input the Start, End Time and Case number and click OK to create a new Interval.
- If the agent is working on a case outside their working hours, the following message is displayed: