Milestones are timeboxes where you assign cases that need to be done by a particular due date. By default, every instance of Manuscript has an “Undecided” milestone as a catch-all. To harness the power of Manuscript, cases should be moved out of this milestone as soon as feasible into an appropriate Project-level milestone. The aim of this document is to provide a step-by-step guide to a creation of such a project-level milestone.
Customer Facing Information
Step-by-Step Guide (First Method)
- Open any Iteration Planner and click Add Milestone.
- Type the desired name, and hit Enter. You will be presented with more options.
- Choose the desired project, the start and end dates, and tick the checkbox if this is a Backlog Milestone.
- Click Create.
Step-by-Step Guide (Second Method)
- Navigate to the Avatar menu (1) > Projects (2) > click on the selected Project name (3).
- A project window opens. Scroll down to the section called Milestones (this project) > Click on Create New Milestone.
- Define the Milestone name > Completion date > Start Date > optionally define Milestone dependency as well as select if the milestone is a Backlog milestone (see below).
Note: Backlog Milestone (Backlog Option in the “Create New Milestone” window)
Your Backlog milestone is the home for every case in projects that you aren’t ready to work on yet. If you’ve been using Manuscript for a while and are just starting to use our Agile Development tools, you may want to use our bulk edit feature to move any cases in each project that aren’t already assigned to a milestone into your Backlog milestone. You can also order the backlog column as a way of keeping track of and communicating your priorities for even those cases that aren’t assigned to a milestone yet.