Milestones are timeboxes where you assign cases that need to be done by a particular due date. By default, every instance of FogBugz has an Undecided milestone as a catch-all. Cases should be moved out of this milestone as soon as feasible into an appropriate Project-level milestone. The aim of this article is to provide a step-by-step guide to the creation of such a project-level milestone.
There are two ways to create a milestone described below.
- Open the Iteration Planner and click Add Milestone.
- Enter the desired name, and press Enter. You will be presented with more options.
- Choose the desired project, the start and end dates, and tick the checkbox if this should be a Backlog Milestone.
- Click Create.
- Navigate to the Avatar menu (1) > Projects (2), then click on the selected Project name (3).
- A project window opens. Scroll down to the section called Milestones (this project) and click Create New Milestone.
- Define the Milestone Name, Completion Date, Start Date, optionally define Milestone dependency as well as select if the milestone is a Backlog milestone.
Note: Your Backlog milestone is the home for every case in projects that you are not ready to work on yet. If you have been using FogBugz for a while and are just starting to use our Agile Development tools, you may want to use our bulk edit feature to move any cases that are not already assigned to a milestone into your Backlog milestone. You can also order the backlog column as a way of keeping track of it and communicating your priorities for even those cases that are not assigned to a milestone yet.