FogBugz Administrators can add (create), edit (update), deactivate (delete) users, change their user types, manage community users, grant or revoke access to FogBugz or Kiln, and manage users self-registration (enable self-sign-up with company email) on the Manage Users page.
This article gathers in one place information about User Management topics like:
- Add New User
- Edit User - Change Account Type OR Change Password
- Copy User
- Deactivate User
- Search and Filter Users
- Grant or Revoke Access to FogBugz or Kiln
Additional recommended readings related to user management are:
Settings and options referring to Your FogBugz Account are a separate knowledge base section.
The Manage Users page
You can access the user management page by going to Avatar Menu > Users.
NOTE: If you are using FogBugz On-Demand and you do not see any of the menus detailed below, please contact us about switching to our current pricing tiers.
Add New User
Read how to Add New User - FogBugz or Kiln.
If you would like to set the password for the user account, then see the Edit User section below.
By editing a user an Administrator is allowed to change any of the user's settings.
Read how to Copy Users - FogBugz and Kiln.
You can hide Users by clicking the Deactivate hyperlink. This is equivalent to change the Status to Inactive when Editing the User. Notice that you cannot fully delete Users from FogBugz. They need to stay due to historical data.
In FogBugz, when you de-activate a user, it becomes inactive and frees up the license seat but the existing cases remain intact.
Search and Filter Users
At the top of the user list you have two ways to filter or search the users:
- You can filter them by clicking any of the four big filter buttons: Total Active, FogBugz Users, Kiln Users, Inactive
- You can search them by name or email using the search box above the filter buttons.
Grant or Revoke Access to FogBugz or Kiln
Granting or Revoking access to FogBugz or Kiln can be done very easy: changing the Active On checkbox to checked or unchecked next to the given product, FogBugz or Kiln.
Find the user from the user's list and
Check the FogBugz/Kiln checkbox to allow access:
or Uncheck the FogBugz / Kiln checkbox to disallow access:
- Add New User - FogBugz or Kiln
- Copy Users - FogBugz and Kiln
- Edit User Options and Legacy User Settings - FogBugz and Kiln
- User Types in FogBugz
- Permissions and Visibility
- FogBugz User Groups
- Using Community Users and Community User Groups
- Enabling or Disabling Self-Registration in FogBugz
- Your FogBugz Account