Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to FogBugz On-Demand by requiring an automatically generated access code in addition to your password when you log in. With 2FA enabled, you can rest easy – you can log into your On-Demand account, even if your password is compromised or stolen.
This article explains how you can install the authentication app and enable two-factor authentication.
Here is how it works:
- Whenever you log on, you will be prompted to enter a verification code.
- You will generate your code using an authentication app on your mobile device, or use one of your backup codes if necessary.
- Enter the code, and you will be logged on as usual.
Before you set up two-factor authentication, you will need to download and install an authentication app on your mobile device.
Step 1: Download and Install an Authentication App
- 2FA can be used with most Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) applications. The following are the confirmed authenticators:
Step 2: Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- Go to the User Options page (Avatar menu > User Options).
- Click Enable Two-Factor authentication.
- Add a new account to your authentication app — in most apps, you can do this by tapping a '+' or '…' icon.
- Scan the QR code, or enter the details manually if necessary.
- On the 2FA configuration page, enter the 6-digit code generated by your authentication app.
- Click Verify Code.
- The next page contains your backup codes. Keep them safe so you can still log on if you lose your phone.
HINT: Do not store them somewhere protected by the same password you use for FogBugz.