FogBugz hangs and doesn’t seem to do anything after submitting a webpage, with Norton AntiVirus or McAfee Virus Scan installed on the server
FogBugz for your server, windows server os, Norton Antivirus or McAfee latest version
Both AV’s have a special feature that interferes with the execution of certain ASP pages. Norton Calls this “script blocking” and McAfee calls it a “script stopper utility” and they prevent scripts (in this case .asp pages) from writing files to the hard drive.
- Disable this “script blocking” feature in whichever anti-virus software is running on your web server
- Norton Antivirus:
- Right-click on the Norton icon in the taskbar
- Choose ‘Configure Norton Antivirus’.
- Clear the checkbox marked Script Blocking to turn off Script Blocking
*Note: Norton AntiVirus is not intended to be used on servers.*
- McAfee Antivirus:
- Go to McAfee Advanced ActiveShield Options
- Click on the ScriptStopper tab
- Clear the checkbox marked Enable ScriptStopper
- After disabling it, restart IIS completely in order to clear out the hung process.
- Open Internet Services Control Panel (Start>Run>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Internet Service Manager)
- Right click on the server icon and choose Restart IIS