Improved Activity Feed
- You can now filter by activity type: Project & Repo activity, Push activity and Code Review activity.
- When viewing the dashboard page, if new changesets have been added since you loaded the page, Kiln will notify you and let you load them.
- When a review or activity feed has new data available to load, its browser window’s title updates to let you know in case it’s not front-most.
- Eliminated “Push View” for repositories.
- Subrepos are now browsable from the file view of the repo they are included in.
- History for subrepos is shown in the history of the containing repo.
Mercurial Named Branch Support
- Repository history can be filtered to show only changesets in a specified branch.
- You can now make repositories publicly read-only accessible for non-logged-in users.
Code Review Enhancements
- Kiln now supports code snippets inside of code reviews if the Code Snippets plugin (v184.108.40.206 or later) is installed.
- Code review comments now feature threaded replies.
- Code reviews now use “By File” as the default view.
- Code reviews now remember your last setting (By File or By Changeset) between views.
- Code reviews now list related reviews, i.e. ones covering the same changesets.
- Code reviews on a merge changeset allow users to review both parent changesets.
- A new “tags” drop-down in the repository history view allows you to jump to a given tag in the electrified DAG.
- Parent revisions are now linked from a merge changeset’s diff view.
- The electric DAG now color-codes ancestors and descendants.
- The Kiln Client extensions have been update to work with Mercurial 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7.
- A new “-r” flag for the “hg kiln” command opens a given revision in Kiln.
- Updated installer to allow the use of SQL Server Authentication instead of only Windows Authentication
Named-branch support adds
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Error Handling
- Improved error message when entering an invalid repo alias name.
- The Kiln Importer now provides a friendlier message when trying to pull from a remote SVN server that uses Windows authentication.
- The Kiln Importer now logs and reports exceptions during conversion.
- Improved error handling during database upgrade for a new installation.
- Errors in OpenGrok (code search backend) are handled more gracefully.
- Kiln now shows a more helpful error when the backend is down.
- Kiln Client path guessing now finds and shows targets of repo aliases when listing targets with "kiln -t"
- When a code search result is in a file that is too large to display, Kiln will now let you know instead of simply not showing the file.
- The activity feed defaults to showing all activity for new users.
- The filter description is now a little clearer when filtering by repo.
- Links to code reviews and FogBugz cases are now more consistent.
- When searching for relative dates in Kiln, 'm' now indicates minutes, not months. This change is to match the behavior in FogBugz.
- Added an "All" link to the "between tags" filter drop-down to make clearing it from the filter more obvious.
- The "more changesets are available" message in a code review is now shown for both "by file" and "by changeset" view.
- When a file in a code review includes noncontiguous changesets, Kiln will show you a message in "By File" view indicating that this is why they are shown in multiple parts.
- Kiln now allows pushes between related repositories which reside in different projects.
- Code reviews on a merge changeset allow users to review both parent changesets.
- Improved the file contents API to be more forgiving of bad bytepaths and to inform the user when the filename passed is not encoded as required.
- If a repo can't be deleted because it has branches, Kiln will show the repo and its branches in the deletion box on the Setting page.
- Fixed a bug where case associations were breaking (i.e., "Case XXX" in a commit message wasn't linking to Case XXX). After the upgrade, new *and* existing relationships should be fixed.
- Fixed a bug preventing logging into Kiln when your date format is set to yyyy/mm/dd (e.g. Afrikaans)
- Fixed a bug where a file could show up in the "By File" view as having no changes when it was, in fact, deleted.
- Fixed a bug where comments were lost when entered in a closed code review which was being re-opened.
- Kiln now shows the FogBugz tab at the top of the page for non-logged-in users.
- Repo aliases no longer appear in the activity filter drop-down if the user does not have permissions on the repo the alias currently points to.
- Eliminated minor UI glitches in selecting repos in the filter drop-down.
- Fixed a misalignment of the add tags and add cases dialogs in changeset view.
- Eliminated several spurious warnings about navigating away from the current page when using Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a bug which could prevent removing code links in review comments in Internet Explorer.
- Clearer error message when attempting to create a new repo with the same name as a preexisting one in the same project.
- Fixed a bug where "User 1234" was sometimes shown instead of the full name when adding changesets to an existing review.
- Fixed a bug which prevented loading more changesets for a code review.
- Fixed a minor display glitch with the Electric DAG
- Fixed UI glitches in Internet Explorer 9
- Fixed a bug where results were sometimes missing from an activity feed for some users.
- The "Repositories" pane a changeset view correctly shows only repos readable by the user.
- Fixed a crash when a user who has never viewed a repo searchs from the activity feed.
- Fixed a bug where Kiln would sometimes show timestamps for pushes in the activity feed with the wrong timezone.
- Fixed a bug preventing the annotation drop-down from working correctly. Fixed a bonus bug resulting in the API crashing when attempting to load a nonexistent changeset.
- When a filter is left open in one window and a different filter is loaded in a second window, the first will not erroneously show notifications of new activity.
- The "between tags" filter option is now properly included in a filter's permanent link.
- "Checkins contained in" list in a FogBugz case and the list of repositories in the changeset view in Kiln now match. Previously, FogBugz included deleted repos and Kiln did not.
- When a changeset is automatically added to a code review because the changeset contains a reference to the review number, Kiln now adds a bugevent to the code review case.
- In search results, if a repo name is too long to fit in the left sidebar, Kiln provides a tooltip to show you the number of hits.
- Fixed a bug with saving an activity filter
- Fixed a bug where Kiln and FogBugz could not sync their databases due to authentication problems.
- Fixed a bug where the "Show Entire File" link in a code review did not work.
- Fixed a UI glitch when side-scrolling in code reviews.
- Code review "by file" view now handles merges better, fixing a bug where a file can be incorrectly listed as having no changes.
- To avoid confusion, "parent repo" is no longer shown on the settings page for a central repo.
- Eliminated a crash when trying to view a code review by files which contains only changesets with no changes (i.e. merges).
- When a code review comment is not saved because there was a change made while viewing the review, the list of changesets in the review will now update to show any that were added.
- Fixed a race condition in saving an activity filter.
- Corrected display format of times for some users.
- Fixed a bug with file paths including spaces in the backend
- Changed notification text for truncated diffs to make it clearer.
- Eliminated "Your session has expired" messages that can appear due to browser caching.
- Support for "hg remove -A" in a kbfiles has been restored.
- Fixed a permissions issue where the existence of a branch repo (but not access to it) could be discovered by a user with no access, but with permission on the parent repo.
- When stripping changesets from a repo which has an alias, Kiln will now correctly transfer the alias to the new, stripped version of the repo instead of leaving it on the defunct old version.