When searching for your cases you might face one of the following:
- Search is not showing the cases or showing incorrect cases
- Cases are missing in one filter, but present in another one
- Deleted or spam cases still showing in the case list
- Cases are not listed correctly by a filter or search
- Cases are showing on a particular type of device and not on others.
When providing you the search results we are using an industry-leading third-party component: ElasticSearch. Sometimes, its search index may get outdated causing incomplete search results.
In such cases, the ElasticSearch index needs to be rebuilt (backfilled).
WARNING: ElasticSearch Backfill process affects the product experience (FogBugz might become slower, search results might be outdated during the backfill process). If you have a lot of cases, it is recommended to have it done outside business hours to reduce the impact on your users.
If you are experiencing the search issues on your On-Demand account, you will need to contact our support team and let them know that you are having search issues. They will know what to do.
If you are experiencing the search issues on your On-Premise instance, please follow the guidance from our article about ElasticSearch Indexer Backfill Reset.
Once the ElasticSearch Index Backfill (rebuild) is completed by our team (for On-Demand) or your Administrators (for On-Premise), your search and filters should be working as expected.