Having FogBugz cloned environments is not a tested and supported configuration.
Cloning an environment duplicates not just the content of FogBugz WebSite and Database, but also operating system level settings and configuration, like machine SIDs. This could cause unexpected errors if the cloned VM is re-connected to the existing infrastructure where it could get in conflict with the original VM.
We recommend the following when trying to duplicate production environments:
- Do a clean installation
- Restore a copy of the production database
- Execute the additional configuration steps required after upgrade/migrate, including ES indexer backfill reset.
Prepared VM for FogBugz
If you need to clone/restore the production environment often, you could speed up the clean install by preparing in advance a clean VM following these steps:
- Install a clean VM which fulfills FogBugz system requirements
- Execute the Pre-install Checklist and Configure your Server
- Do the sysprep of the VM as per Microsoft's recommendation
- Use this VM to do a Clean Install of FogBugz whenever you need to copy the production environment